SEEKING CONSTRUCTION MANAGER FOR TINY HOME PROJECTS
Please send a cover letter and resume to Habitat for Humanity
PO Box 271
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Grays Harbor Habitat for Humanity
Job Description: Construction Manager
To oversee and direct all aspects of the construction process in a way that maximizes the use of volunteer labor and materials to produce quality homes in a safe affordable manner. The position includes participating in all phases of the construction process, collaborating with the construction committee to develop a building plan and budget, ensuring all building materials are available when needed, and managing paid subcontractors and volunteer labor throughout the construction process to ensure all safety protocols are followed. This part-time position reports to the Board President or his/her designee and collaborates closely with the Construction Committee Chair and Executive Director.
1. In collaboration with the construction committee, develops an overall construction plan for each project.
2. Be knowledgeable of Habitat requirements and regulations.
3. Communicate as-built drawings and help maintain working drawings.
4. Supervise professional and volunteer construction personnel. Utilize existing skilled persons maximizing benefit.
5. Train and support volunteers.
6. Work closely with construction committee chair to provide a weekly plan update that is communicated to all appropriate people.
7. Work with Construction Committee Chair and Family Liaison to insure that volunteers and partner families are productively involved in the construction process.
8. Work with construction personnel to follow and continuously implement safety program including relevant safety trainings on each community work day.
9. Assist in recruiting volunteer skilled construction supervisors (team leaders) to lead specific work groups.
10. Develop a construction schedule and collaborate with Executive Director to ensure timely and clear communication regarding solicitation of volunteers for community build days including suggested tools needed.
11. Participate in the bid process for hiring subs and ensure timely and accurate completion.
12. Work with appropriate city departments/personnel to obtain permits and order inspections.
13. Use in-kind material and labor when possible.
14. Provide regular updates regarding project status and estimated completion dates to the Board of Directors.
15. Responsible for projects until 100% complete and sold to homeowner.
16. Ensure timely clear communication with contractors and vendors. Develop working relationships.
17. Responsible for ordering correct quantity and having materials delivered on time.
18. Maintain and develop new connections to vendors
19. Oversee tool/equipment inventory, management and repairs
20. Approve all construction-related invoices, code appropriately.
21. Ensure all volunteer paperwork in completed by each volunteer and maintain daily volunteer sign-in records
22. Complete all GIK paperwork for lunches, materials and labor on appropriate forms.
23. Assist partner family in documenting sweat equity hours
24. Ensure completion of all project related paperwork as outlined in the HFHGH policies and procedures
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Commitment to Habitat for Humanity ideals and philosophy.
Ability to work with people of all races, faiths and backgrounds.
A strong background in residential home construction.
Five years of related experience and/or a college degree in related field
An absolute commitment to job safety.
Excellent communication skills a must.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.